Monday, September 14, 2009

for they shall see God

I went to church with Michael and Andrew today.

The church service was nice, very informative. The people there were very friendly. It was a wonderfully small church. Andrew's uncle is the pastor. I feel like it's the first time I've really learned something in church. There was also communion. With pita bread as Christ's body. And Michael broke off my piece of bread. Which seems so insignificant at face value- but it felt like more. Like he is the only man I'd be willing to follow. He can provide me with Christ's body. He could be the head of me, as Christ is the head of church. I think I'd like that. This was the best communion I've ever had. I think I love him. And yet, I'm not sure if I want to date him or not. It seems as if dating would cheapen our relationship. But I want to be tied to him, to be the most important person to him. To have a reason to be with him all the time.

But I doubt he feels the same way. Am I just another friend to him? How will I ever know if I am anything more?

No comments: